A message from the owners: Simply put, we will not EVER sell or rent your contact info, and we will always do everything humanly possible to ensure the safety of your information. Pinky Promise. <3
Now, for the detailed info:
Any personal information collected will not be sold, rented or leased, and will only be shared within the Blame Betty and its affiliate companies (the “Blame Better Group of Companies”).
While using our website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number). We use this information to complete your transaction and to apply for access to certain special features and functions of the website.
We collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information.
Your personal information may be used in a number of different ways. For example, to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, or information
- Provide customer service
- Administer contests or promotions
- Offer new products
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of website and/or marketing endeavors
- Tailor our on-line or in-store offerings to your preferences.
The personal information collected may include your name, mailing/billing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and IP address. Customers can always choose not to provide us with their personal information; however, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information requested.
Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. This may include such information as IP address, postal code or country of residence.
Express Consent Defined
In some cases, we may ask for your express consent to use your personal information to advise you of new products or items that might be of interest.
For example, when you purchase a product from our website, we will also ask for your express consent to send you information on new products or promotions.
You will always have the option to “opt out” of having your information used for this purpose. Meaning, each e-mail we send you will tell you how to decline further email.
Contests, Promotions and Surveys
From time-to-time, we may run contests, promotions, or surveys. If you choose to participate, we may ask for your contact information, as well as additional survey questions (for example, favorite brand). All contests will be subject to specific rules available during the promotion.
Links to Other Websites
Blame Betty’s website may contain links to other websites or online resources. When you click on one of these links, you are contacting another website or online provider. Blame Betty has no responsibility or liability for or control over those websites, online resources, the content of their pages, or their information collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
Blame Betty uses "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.Cookies offer you many conveniences:
- They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous search results, access ‘wish lists’, shopping carts, and view their previous invoices.
- Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Cookies allow us to deliver personalized content to you, including search results and targeted advertising.
- Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
- Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
- Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customer would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
- Measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor's internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
- Remember our users' previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
- Record users' behavior on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behavior on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
- Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site. Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the site.
Third Party Disclosure
Blame Betty does not sell your personal information; however, we may share your information with third parties acting on our behalf or as permitted, or required, by law. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as Blame Betty, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
In certain instances, Blame Betty may disclose your information as permitted or required by law, including:
- To a government institution, person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be used in a criminal investigation
- In compliance with a subpoena, warrant or court order, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information
- To comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information
- To our legal counsel
- As part of a sale or merger of Blame Betty or its assets
Rest Assured, Your Information is Safe
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We always strive to maintain appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse.